5 RANDOM facts about me:
1. I was an Arkansas Razorback cheerleader for a short time (and worked for the National Cheerleaders Association for two years).
2. I LOVE to snow ski, and to make up for the lack of snowy mountains around here, my husband and I will sled down our street at midnight– with the baby monitor on the front porch so to hear any of our three angels who love to wake up at night– on icy winter nights.
3. Two of my children are named after Beatles’ songs.
4. Fireworks are my favorite thing in the world.
5. I lived and studied in Puebla, Mexico.
4 Things from my bucket list:
1. Visit my FAVORITE PERSON IN THE WORLD/honorary godmother to my children in Manizales, Colombia (she told me today she is following my blog, so here you go Auntie J!)
2. Travel the Camino de Santiago in Spain.
3. Hike to Machu Picchu (Aunti J, weren’t we supposed to do this a long time ago?)
4. Meet any member from Vampire Weekend. Just want to shake their hand, thank them for their great music and contributions to art, and so on. That’s all.
3 Things that I hope to do this year as an educator:
1. Get more parents involved in our school than ever before.
2. Make more people (parents/teachers/students/administrators) realize the value of learning
another language than ever before.
3. Become a National Board Certified Teacher (but it’s totally cool if it doesn’t happen this year :)).
2 Things that have made me laugh or cry as an educator:
1. Last year when one of my darlings was finally adopted by her pastor and his wife after her father went to jail and her mother consented to give up custody (wow, heavy, I know).
2. My kids make me laugh every. stinkin’. day. How could I pick? Ok, probably one of the funniest things to me is when my “native speakers” (heritage learners) speak Spanish like a gringo…we have waaaaay to much fun with this.
1 Thing I wish everyone knew about me:
I have these huge bone growths in my mouth– they are really weird and gross– and it’s pretty much a miracle when I get any word in any language to come out correctly. I stutter all of the time! And it is all because I am tripping over these boney growths (ewww) in my mouth! Not like I sound like a monster or anything, it’s just certain sounds…anyway, you get the picture!